Wednesday, March 4, 2009


Tuesday March 3, 2009 10pm

My day today started by waking from a great 7 hours of sleep….and a case of homesick. I thanked God for the sleep, and asked him to help me with the homesickness. The rest of the day was amazing. It started when a few of the staff members at Harvest FM took Wally & me to the governmental site where the people of Lesotho go to get their passport. Let me explain that here in Lesotho, everyone must have a passport, to work, earn a living and basically, survive! Now for those of you who have a passport, you this takes about 15 minutes to fill out the form and you mail in you money and in less than 6 weeks you have it. But that is far from reality here in Lesotho, in fact, most people will wait for over a year and in some cases up to 3 years. Plus, they won’t get it in the mail, they must wait outside the building for their name to be called. Since they have no idea what day it might be, they must stand in the heat Everyday. Most of us think that waiting in line behind 3 people at Walmart is unthinkable! Now there is a way around this to speed up the process…..it’s by paying over twice the normal amount, which these people don’t have. I was blown away at what these people must endure on a day to day basis to survive. After we got back to the station, I was honored to work with the members who conducted the interview and helped them learn to edit it and prepare it to go on the air tomorrow. Now as I look back at the day, I realize that when I take my eyes off of me and my fears, God can show me just how much I have been Blessed with and find a new appreciation of it. As I get ready for bed, I will say a prayer for the hundreds of men and women I saw today and pray that tomorrow will be their day! Won’t you join me?

Darren

0 comments:

Post a Comment